This article should help you put together a device to allow you to control your home easy devices from your PC.
Parts Required Edit
- 433Mhz Transmitter / Receiver
- The Home Easy Hacking library
- iPhone & PC Control Software
Wiring the Circuit Edit
TODO : Put photos and stuff here. For now, refer to the appropriate data sheet. There's not really much to it!
Configuring the software on the Arduino Edit
TODO : Document setting up the arduino and the software used (once I've finished tidying up a suitable sketch)
Configuring the software on your PC Edit
- Install EventGhost
- Add the Serial Plugin and point it at your Arduino COM port
Monitoring Home Easy activity Edit
- Fire your remote a few times
- Watch the Events get picked up in the left hand side.
- Create a new Macro using the events:
- Right click right hand pane, Add Macro
- Select Event Ghost -> Show OSD
- Enter something suitable in the text box (eg Front Room Lights On)
- Save macro
- Drag previously detected event from the events box on the left to the newly created macro on the right
Sending Home Easy commands Edit
TODO : Document the sending, once I've finished tidying up a suitable sketch to read commands over serial